Columbus Day Weekend 2020!
Ten Ten Twenty Twenty
That's Friday, October 9th through Monday, October 12th.
That's the weekend for the 50th reunion of the Manchester High School Class of 1970. Since we've done this before we'll keep it mostly the same. We're always open to make improvements. Send us your suggestions!
Here's where we're at:
- BOOKED: Friday night informal get together. Shea's American Bar & Grill worked good last time, we'll try to repeat that.
- HALF BOOKED: Saturday morning continental breakfast in the MHS cafeteria with a tour of the school. The tour is confirmed. Waiting to learn about the availability of the cafeteria. That will take time.
- Under consideration: MHS Football game. It depends on their schedule.
- Tentatively planned: Saturday afternoon activities include golf, an 8-ball pool tournament, and a hike up Case Mountain. We'll do something!
- BOOKED: Saturday night dinner with dancing at the Manchester Country Club.
- On your own: Sunday morning breakfast club. Get togethers at any of the local breakfast joints. We'll provide a platform to organize this.
- Under consideration: Sunday morning corn maze in Vernon.
- Under consideration: Sunday afternoon visit to a couple of Manchester's historic sites. We'll have to see if anything special is on the calendar.
- Under consideration: Sunday night, meet somewhere for dinner, football, and socializing. Adam's Mill has closed.
- Tentatively planned: Monday morning, breakfast somewhere and a bike ride to Bolton Notch along the rail trail.
- Tentatively planned: Monday afternoon, lunch at Shady Glen. Say goodbyes if you haven't already.
We want to make this a worthwhile trip for anyone who wants to enjoy the memories of a lifetime and the people who are a part of it. If you are willing to take the time and go to the expense to make the trip from wherever you are then we want to welcome you. If you haven't seen a New England fall foliage in a while you sure can this weekend. That's why we chose this weekend. Enjoy it. The photo to the right is a reminder. Photo credit to Karen Ware Gagnon.
Yes, we will hold a 55th reunion. Until then you're on your own. Stay healthy, live well. Eat plenty of greens, vegetables, whole grains, fish, fruit, legumes, breans, nuts, and olive oil. Exercise, keep your spirits up, and we'll see you again in 2025.